Sports Physiotherapy / Osteopathy in Canterbury
Team Buckley sport
Sports osteopathy/physiotherapy and sports massage
Injured from sports? Not able to do your favourite sport, and struggling to get off the sidelines?
For all sports testimonials please visit the sports testimonials page.
We are a very sporting group here at Team Buckley, and you will often find our therapists competing in marathons, Ironman triathlons, time trials, sportive cycling and triathlons etc. We also have impressive sports experience, with some members of the team having worked with elite-level athletes—including those in Premiership football, rugby, hockey, GB athletics/triathlon, judo, basketball, korfball, ballroom dancing and elite track cycling.
Currently, we have therapists working with the Gillingham Football Club Academy, Crystal Palace Football Club and Ebbsfleet Football Club. Our Senior Therapist lectures and is an examiner on the Sport Physiotherapy master’s degree programme at the University of Bath.
Members of our team also volunteer their services each year to the Cancer Research Race for Life and Man On The Run events by providing pre- and post-event massages. They also attended the 2010 and 2012 Sport Relief Mile. We have also had members of our team supporting the England beach volleyball tour and Canterbury British Heart Foundation Ride event.
We provide sports Osteopathy, Physiotherapy, sports massage/therapy, one-to-one Pilates, and use a local gym for rehabilitation exercise and programme design where required.
Common rehabilitation is provided, including:
• Pre- and post-surgical rehabilitation, such as ACL reconstruction, knee arthroscopy, the Brostrom ankle procedure, and shoulder rotator cuff repair.
• Minor sporting injuries, such as ankle and knee ligament sprains.
• Shoulder issues, such as impingement syndrome and rotator cuff problems.
• Spinal rehabilitation, such as slipped discs and trapped nerves (sciatica).
• Sports massage for easing aches and pains during the lead up to events, such as marathons. We can offer reduced rates for those requiring regular massage.
• Pre-season biomechanical assessment of mobility, stability and general function to make sure you’re in top condition prior to competing in events, taking part in exercise classes or simply doing day-to-day activities to the best of your ability. These findings can be re-assessed throughout the year to make sure you’re still on the right track.
These are just some of the services we offer. However, this list is not exhaustive, so please enquire if there is something you need which is not listed.
Our treatments primarily use hands-on manual therapy techniques; however, we also use laser, ultrasound and interferential therapies if appropriate. We are also privileged to be one of the few private clinics to have the world-renowned Game Ready ice compression unit www.gameready.com, which is used to reduce swelling as quickly as possible. Most professional sports teams, at both national and international level, use this unit and we are pleased to be one of the very few private clinics outside elite sports teams to use it with both our sporting and non-sporting clients.
We also have excellent relationships with orthopaedic sports specialists and, where necessary, we will refer you onto them or combine both our therapies to optimise your recovery and speed up your return to sport.
Please discuss with reception the most suitable therapist for your needs.